Monday, January 30, 2012

The Sidaway Bridge - selected photos from Dec., 2011 and Jan., 2012

Here, I will post at least a dozen photos which I took about one month ago of both people and places directly or indirectly pertaining to the Sidaway Bridge, partly as a picture resource if any technical problems come up with the blog I am still preparing on my visits there of around New Year's Day.....

A few of my views of the bridge had a gloomy sense, a little remindful to me of paintings by Charles Burchfield....

One perhaps obvious basis of this was the bare trees and bushes, giving a pretty clear view at times, as with the north end of the bridge just off of Sidaway Street and Anita Kennedy Drive, where I saw one of a number of plankless stretches:

 
and seeing a mass of tires at the base of its south pier...
 
Additionally, I saw a view of downtown to be had through the overgrowth, to what I assume is the northwest and with the shiny top in the middle distance here that of the Key Tower:
more noticeable just below, where there is also a rough image of part of the RTA (Greater Cleveland Rapid Transit Authority) operations next to its 55th Street Rapid stop, in the middle of the picture at and around the orange-colored line:
From the Rapid line, I also saw a SLIGHTLY clearer view of the Bridge then in August, thanks again partly to bare trees (and once you would enlarge it:)!]....
and from the south and north sides of the Bridge, I saw its arc across its valley....

 

...met Matt Gute, who lives near 65th a few blocks south of the bridge....
...and reunited with Andre and De'Andre Taylor (left and right, and still perhaps ages 11 and 7 as in August! - though I did not check up on that!), seen here courtesy of both them and their parents, James White and his wife Leslie..
its mural, somewhat visible to the right, above, and more notably here...
and its facade, which I thought had gotten a purple improvement (!) since August:
Ones I saw for the first time included this (1870's?) Italianate House at 3027 E. 65th (above Waterman)....


and this great mixture of a farmhouse?/Mansard suburban dwelling/ (1900-10?) industrial era facade at 2929 65th....

No comments:

Post a Comment